Saturday 12 April 2014

A Collection Of Stones

I found this in my drafts, wow how could I forget to post this, silly me...
 
I have told you on several occassions that I love and collect semi-precious stones and also fossiles but I never really showed you any. Well, I re-decorated my commode the other day and finally my collection has a worthy spot in my room. I have no idea if you are interested in these things but I thought I'd share some impressions with you anyway.

First of all, a few shots of some of my favourite stones. I don't always know their latin names and way too often I forget how they came into my possession but I like them a lot and they all have a special place in my collection.






 And look, you can wear them around your neck! Those aren't all charms I have lying around and I also have a few rings but they aren't that interesting to photograph as they are very simple.






Agate slices are my very favourite, they are so delicate yet hard and cold. I mean, look at this one, isn't it beautiful?





When I was a child my dad made me the little shelf. He used to collect stones, too, the big blocks of rose quarz were originally his. It became a tradition that he used to buy me a stone whenever we were at a market or on holidays. Now I buy them myself and I really need a new shelf as this one is full. At the Moment I keep the other stones in that little white bowl but even that one is too small now...









Do you collect anything?

Have a great day,
The Countess

8 comments:

  1. I really like semiprecious stones, perhaps I will collect some one day, but I do tend to go overboard with collections. I have a large collection of toy cats, only ones that look pretty real, although I have pretty much stopped collecting them now. I also have an endless array of opshopped clothes, although I don't know that that can be called a collection. I also have a huuuuge amount of fabric that needs to be made into clothes and buy more every time I go to the shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, I'm the same, i go completely overboard when it comes to collecting things, I'm the worst! A fabric collection is a great thing to have, you never run out!

      Delete
  2. I love your collection! So beautiful~
    I used to be quite enthusiastic about all sorts of stones when I was a kid, I suppose my little collection is still looming somewhere at family's summer cottage :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with kids and stones, I know a bunch of people who used to collect stones as a kid =D

      Delete
  3. What a lovely collection of stones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are anything like me, you will start....and never stop. I've pulled the car over on the highway because i thought i'd find somewhere i could find some great stones..... this could be a problem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I though I had a lot of them, but dear you got such a huge haul! I love gemstones, they are beautiful and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I though I had a lot of them, but dear you got such a huge haul! I love gemstones, they are beautiful and magical.

    ReplyDelete